So...after five months of us trying to conceive, God reveals to us what His plan was. I was used to continually checking each month if we were pregnant by taking a test almost every two weeks! That's how much we had a desire of having you.
During the week your sisters encountered a great deal of stomach flu's and my focus was on nursing them back to health. On Sunday (Valentines Day) we ate lunch at Nana's, just as usual, then the family asked how I was. I told them that I felt like a flu-like symptom was emerging and my nausea did'nt give me an appetite to eat.
So jokingly, they told me to take a pregnancy test. Chona had offered me an extra one she had in the bathroom. So there I was... staring at the stick thinking it's another negative test. But to my surprise, there was an extra line within seconds! I'm pregnant! Total shock was running through my veins. I prayed right away that God would keep you healthy and safe.
I then left the bathroom and showed Nana and G then the rest of the family in the living room. (Daddy was in the other living room) So I told everyone but him because I wanted to surprise him during our Valentines dinner date. It was so funny to see the hints everyone was trying to give to your dad and the excitement they loudly expressed. But no, dad had no clue.
Anxiously waiting, I almost told your dad during evening service at church and our drive to the restaurant. I was not feeling good at all. And afterall, I can't keep a secret in my history. Thankfully the time came to make the announcement... Dad was so HAPPY he could'nt stop smiling. Joy filled his eyes and it was wide open the whole dinner time.
The most funnest conversation we had on our way home was thinking of a way to tell you sisters. So we planned a 'hang-man' game that will slowly reveal the phrase "WE ARE HAVING A BABY!" As soon as Nadia read it aloud, her and Cady were thrilled. We explained to Davinee that mommy has a baby in her tummy and that she'll be an ate soon. Her reply, "No, Nini and Cady is Ate...not me." Haha, not quite understood for a 2 year old!

This is such a neat story! I love how you guys told the kids.. HANGMAN! hahah! That's Neat! Praying for you and for a healthy baby!
ReplyDeleteThanks Kat...your prayers mean much to me!
ReplyDeletewhoo-hoo! I'm glad you started a blog, Star! It's a great way to keep a journal of your families happenings. I'm so happy for you guys! Praise God for answering your prayers! It gets me really sad when I think about us not getting to know Baby #4 as well since we might be gone when he/she will be born. That means that you need to post more info and pics.
ReplyDeleteAww...I know Chone, don't make me cryyyyy!!! you know my hormones are all messed up too...
ReplyDelete